Come and join us for the adventure of a lifetime diving the magnificent Outer Barrier Reef with Cairns most established and renowned dive operator. The price includes 7 Dives.
|Vessel||Activities available on this boat||Ports||Choose from these sailing dates:|
Click on locations for more info
|Twin Cabin||4 Share Cabin||Double Cabin|
|AUD $390.00||AUD $390.00||AUD $420.00|
Come and join us for the adventure of a lifetime diving the magnificent Outer Barrier Reef with Cairns most established and renowned dive operator...
OceanQuest caters for Snorkellers, Certified and Introductory divers. OceanQuest is a 36 metre catamaran with 3 decks. Boasting 4 double suites, 18 twin share and 1 quad share cabin, we have the capacity to sleep 48 customers overnight on the reef in unrivalled comfort and luxury. All rooms have en-suite facilities, air-conditioning, as well as TV’s. There is a large lounge area on the wheelhouse deck with a bar where you can relax and kick back after a long days diving. The main deck has a large dining room capable of comfortably seating 48 passengers.
- Dive Equipment (BCD, Regulator, Dive computer, Mask, Snorkel, Full foot fins, 5mm Short arm / leg wetsuit)
- Air Fills
- Bed Linen
- Fresh Showers
- Fresh water / Tea & Coffee
- City Transfers (Transfer from / to your accommodation are included for any accommodation in the city area.)
What to bring:
- Certified divers please bring C-cards & log books.
Day One - 4 Dives
- 7.45am pick up from your city accommodation
- 8.00am Board our fast modern transfer boat for 90 minute transfer to Outer Barrier Reef
- Equipment selection
- 2 dives before transferring to OceanQuest at 2.30pm
- 2.30pm transfer to OceanQuest
- Afternoon dive and night dive
- Lunch, dinner and accommodation included
Day Two - 3 Dives
- Breakfast and lunch is included
- 3.00pm Depart Outer Barrier Reef
- Return to your accommodation approx. 5pm
This itinerary is meant as a guide only. All times and sequences are subject to change, indicated number of dives is a maximum (may be subject to weather/safety conditions).
|Vessel: OceanQuest||Type: Sail|
|Length: 118ft||Crew: Optional|
|Hull type: Catamaran|
This operator is your guide to the finest Great Barrier Reef Scuba Diving and Snorkelling off Cairns - Tropical Queensland, Australia.The Great Barrier Reef is on the top of the list for visitors to Tropical North Queensland, Australia.
It is little wonder as there is such an abundance of underwater reef teeming with brilliantly coloured corals and an infinite number of vibrant tropical fish, making it the ideal destination for warm water Great Barrier Reef Diving or Snorkeling.
Diving or Snorkeling with us is the right choice for visiting the Great Barrier Reef. We have operated from Cairns, Australia for over 30 years, making us not only the largest but also one of the longest established Cairns Diving and Snorkeling companies in the area. Whether you are a beginner or an experienced Diver or Snorkeler, your safety and enjoyment is on the top of our list when you visit the Great Barrier Reef with us.
What's more, all our Cairns diving training facilities are under one roof, which is one of the many reasons we have earned it's PADI 5 Star Instructor Development Centre status and PADI Career Development status - one of the highest ratings awarded to any Dive store as recognition of continued Diver training excellence.
The operator reserves the right to change vessel, dive locations and price without notice. Please note Deep Sea Divers Den must receive at least 48 hours notice from you when choosing to cancel / reschedule a reservation. Cancellation refunds are not given within 48 hours notice. This includes factors beyond your control including medical problems, airline delays, bad weather, etc. - “Competition and Consumer Act 2010". Travel insurance is highly recommended.
The initial deposit paid is non-refundable. In addition to forfeiting your deposit, the following charges may also apply:
ReefQuest and OceanQuest
- More than 48 hours before course/trip commencement date: 10% of course/trip fee
- Within 48 hours of course/trip commencement: Full course/trip fee
Open Wather Course
- DAY 1- Failed Medical*; Full refund. Cancellation for any other reason a charge of AUD$85.
- DAY 2- AUD$170 cancellation fee.
- AFTER DAY 2 - No refund will be given.
- Day trip Course Schedules can NOT be altered
*If Student fails medical they have a choice regarding the course manual: they may return the manual in AS NEW condition (for a full refund) or retain the manual, in which case the refund will be reduced by AU$75.
- Deposits are non-refundable.
- More than 21 days before course commencement date: 20 % of course fee
- Within 21 days of course commencement: Full course fee.
- If you are enrolling in a learn to dive course you must undergo a dive medical to Australian Standard AS4005.1
- Dive medicals are arranged on the first day of your dive course in our training centre. Currently AUD$60.
- If you have any concern about your health we strongly recommend that you arrange a dive medical before starting the course.
- This medical must be issued in English on a doctors letterhead indicating that you are fit to scuba dive and that the medical was done in accordance with Australian Standard AS4005.1
- Introductory dives are subject to medical conditions. Please contact us directly if you have an medical condition. We can get these assessed prior to your trip and dive.
- All passengers are strongly advised to purchase a comprehensive Travel Insurance policy that includes
- Trip Cancellation insurance, and
- Evacuation & Medical cover for Scuba Diving.
- Please be aware that Scuba Diving and in-water activities are not covered by all Travel Insurance companies. Please read the wording of your policy carefully.
- In a Medical Emergency any evacuation, vessel relocation or medical expenses are the financial responsibility of that diver.
- We strongly recommend the purchase of dive insurance.
All cancellations are subject to a minimum of a 10% Service fee.
Terms of booking on this website
The rates on this website are often heavily discounted. This is due to our negotiated rates and bulk buying power. On very rare occasions, a rate may be displayed incorrectly due to our, or a supplier's error. In such a case, if you book with us at a quoted rate that is incorrect, we will notify you of any price change and give you the option to proceed or cancel. We make every effort to keep information on our site up to date, but we cannot guarantee this website is free of errors or omissions and retain the right to update or change the information published at any time.
To the extent permitted by law we/the owners of this website will not be liable to you or to any third party (whether in contract, tort, or otherwise) for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage (including but not limited to any accident, injury, delay or loss of enjoyment) arising out of your reliance upon information contained on this website, including but not limited to your use (or inability to use) any products or services described or procured through this website.
On departure day, before you commence your trip, you may be required to sign a rental agreement (in the case of boat charters) with the supplier of the vessel. Your rental and use of the vessel will be governed by the terms of the rental agreement and any other documentation or information provided to you by the supplier at the time you pick up your vessel. The rental agreement is between you and the supplier and we will not be liable to you or to any third party in relation to the terms of the supplier rental agreement or any other documentation provided to you by the supplier at the time of pick up.
While we will make reasonable efforts to ensure we are representing only reputable suppliers, we make no warranty about the fitness or suitability of any third party (supplier) product or service and will not accept responsibility for the quality or fitness of any vessel. We welcome feedback from our customers on their experience with our suppliers. We may, at our discretion, provide you with reasonable assistance in resolving any dispute you may have with a supplier.
Our total liability to you in relation to your use of this website and the information contained on this website will not exceed the dollar amount of the deposit we have received from you in relation to your booking/rental. Refunds will not be made for bookings cancelled due to inclement weather. Again, we strongly recommend that you take out travel insurance. Your use of this website is governed by the laws of New Zealand and the jurisdiction of the New Zealand courts.
To make a booking, you must complete our no-obligations reservations enquiry form which is easy to follow and secured with the latest encryption technology. Once we receive your enquiry, we will contact you via phone or email, to advise of availability and confirm the final price is correct - and discuss payment options. A booking is confirmed when you have been emailed a confirmation notice and at this stage the deposit is processed on your credit card and becomes non-refundable and any cancellation fees stated in the terms apply. Upon receipt of your confirmation, please check your details carefully and notify us immediately if there are any incorrect details, as it may not be possible to make changes at a later date.
Please note we accept Visa and Mastercard and the credit card fees are:
1) 1.75% for the deposit amount.
2) 1.75% for the balance of payment.
If you are booking via phone, please first make sure you have read the terms and conditions of your selected sailing adventure. Our reservations consultant will ask you if you have read the terms and agree to them before proceeding. The onus is always on the renter to ensure they make themselves fully aware of the terms displayed on our website.
In booking on this website you acknowledge that we disclose your information to your selected Supplier in order to provide the requested rental, trip or charter services.
Please check the terms of each vessel to see whether amendment fees apply. Please also note that for some vessels an amendment is treated as a new booking and the rate current at the time the amendment is made to recalculate the entire booking amount (not just the days changed). In the case of boat rental/yacht charter, if the hire or number of days is increased, an additional deposit may be required, while reduction in rental periods or price may reduce the total, but the deposit amount will remain unchanged.
Vessel Capacity and fitness to charter (for Bareboats only)
Under no circumstances are you permitted to carry more passengers than the vessel you charter is legally registered to carry, and if you do your insurance may be invalidated. The number of passengers allowed is indicated next to each vessel on this website. It is your responsibility to choose a journey that is within your capabilities. A boat or trip supplier can refuse to hire a vessel to any person who is in their opinion unfit to skipper or does not meet eligibility requirements. In such circumstances we will have no further liability to you.